Over 100 years of combined experience…
Local Chimney Services and Fireplace Repairs
At Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia we know the importance of chimney and fireplace maintenance. Fireplaces and chimneys are dangerous when not properly maintained. Thus, our professional chimney sweeps give you top-quality safety inspections and service to lower that risk.
- Hiring our certified local chimney sweep team has several benefits, most importantly, safety. You can trust your local experts to clean out dangerous, flammable buildup that could likely destroy your house in a chimney fire. Additionally, each technician performs a 21-point safety inspection to ensure your complete chimney and fireplace system are free of risk.
- Even if you think your chimney is safe from water, all masonry chimneys are porous, absorbing water each day. Water leaks can greatly damage the structural integrity of your home. It can also cause draft problems because the hot air cools in the chimney and sinks back into the home. Our chimney water damage repair experts will ensure that your chimney is in great condition by providing chimney waterproofing with the highest quality sealants on the market.
- Inspections will identify sooty buildup as well as ventilation issues. At Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia we can fix dangers to your home the same day we find them so your home can be safe.
- Cleaning your chimney yourself is both tedious and dangerous. Let your local chimney sweeps use high-grade equipment to remove hazards properly, quickly, and safely. With the use of ChimScans, advanced videoing technology, our chimney sweeps can see the parts of your chimney that others can’t. Thus, these ChimScans allow them to better clean it out.
- If all of the smoke is not leaving your chimney, it’s entering back into your house and worse, into your lungs. This can be caused by animals creating blockages as well as water damage. Animal waste is also a source of respiratory diseases. We have experience and training for humane animal removal and for all degrees of chimney cleaning to remove leftover waste, nests, or other debris. Certainly, hiring a professional is the safest way to solve a chimney air quality issue.
- Humane Animal Removal: Raccoons, Birds, Squirrels, and Bats are the most common animals that Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia finds stowing away in our customers’ fireplaces and chimneys. When the animals get inside the chimney, they make nests, cause damage, get trapped, and even leave behind a treat for you to smell later. Our Technicians are professionally trained to remove these animals in the safest possible manner. We also give a standard cap installation to prevent any future encounters.
- Water Leak Services: Water Leaks are one of the most common issues with chimneys and fireplaces, especially in the state of Georgia. They can cause serious structural damage and safety hazards. If you see the signs of water damage, like mold, rust, or broken mortar, then call the Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia for expert water leak repair.
- Masonry Repairs: Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia offers many masonry repairs. We offer professional tuckpointing, crown repair, flue repair, relining, storm damage repair, and more.
- Installations: Fireplace Doctor Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia offers professional prefabricated or masonry chimney and fireplace installation. Also, we install ash-dump doors, clean-out doors, wood stoves, and more
- Inspections: Our expert chimney and fireplace technicians practice 21-point safety inspections which are guaranteed to locate any hazard or problems that might cause problems for you or your home.
- Creosote Removal: If you have a chimney then creosote is something you should be concerned about. It’s the number one cause of thousands of chimneys fires a year and can be harmful even if you never experience a chimney fire. It’s essential that every Athens homeowner knows what creosote is and works with a professional chimney sweep company to prevent it from harming your chimney.
Chimney Sweep Athens Georgia
The State Botanical Garden of Georgia
Elder Mill Covered Bridge
Elder’s Mill Covered Bridge and Elder Mill, near Watkinsville, Georgia, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It is located on Elder Mill Rd., 4/5 mi. south of its junction with GA 15. The listing includes the covered bridge built in 1897 and a c.1900 three-story wood-frame mill building.
The bridge was built in 1897 by Nathaniel Richardson to bring the Watkinsville-Athens Road across Call Creek in Clarke County, and was moved in 1924 to its current location spanning Rose Creek in Oconee County. The bridge is a 99 feet long Town lattice truss-covered bridge.
Georgia Museum of Art
The Georgia Museum of Art is an art museum in Athens, Georgia, United States, associated with the University of Georgia. The museum is both an academic museum and, since 1982, the official art museum of the state of Georgia.
The permanent collection consists of American paintings, primarily 19th- and 20th-century; American, European and Asian works on paper; the Samuel H. Kress Study Collection of Italian Renaissance paintings; growing collections of southern decorative arts and Asian art; and a strong collection of works by African American artists. It numbers more than 12,000 works, growing every year.
T. R. R. Cobb House
Sandy Creek Park
“The Fireplace Doctor did a sweep and safety inspection on my chimney. They said mine was really dirty and needed the sweep badly. I didn’t end up getting the repair they recommended because they said it could wait a year and that’s when I would need another sweep anyway. Honest friendly guys and I will choose them again next year.”
Get To Know Your Town