Chimney Sweep, Chimney Repair
& Chimney Cleaning
Chimney Damage Repair, Chimney Sweep, Fireplace Repair, Chimney Restoration, Storm Damage Repair, Water Leak Repair, Fireplace Home Heating System, Solid-Fuel Appliance Inspection, Chimney Relining, Animal Chimney Removal, Creosote Removal, and much more!
Areas We Service:
Eva, Falkville, Priceville, Somerville, Trinity, Decatur, Hartselle, Huntsville and surrounding areas!
Local Decatur Alabama Chimney Services and Fireplace Repairs
- Hiring our certified local chimney sweep team has several benefits, most importantly, safety. You can trust your local experts to clean out dangerous, flammable buildup that could likely destroy your house in a chimney fire. Additionally, each technician performs a 21-point safety inspection to ensure your complete chimney and fireplace system are free of risk.
- Even if you think your chimney is safe from water, all masonry chimneys are porous, absorbing water each day. Water leaks can greatly damage the structural integrity of your home. It can also cause draft problems because the hot air cools in the chimney and sinks back into the home. Our chimney water damage repair experts will ensure that your chimney is in great condition by providing chimney waterproofing with the highest quality sealants on the market.
- Inspections will identify sooty buildup as well as ventilation issues. At Fireplace Doctor, we can fix dangers to your home the same day we find them so your home can be safe.
- Cleaning your chimney yourself is both tedious and dangerous. Let your local chimney sweeps use high-grade equipment to remove hazards properly, quickly, and safely. With the use of ChimScans, advanced videoing technology, our chimney sweeps can see the parts of your chimney that others can’t. Thus, these ChimScans allow them to better clean it out.
- If all of the smoke is not leaving your chimney, it’s entering back into your house and worse, into your lungs. This can be caused by animals creating blockages as well as water damage. Animal waste is also a source of respiratory diseases. We have experience and training for humane animal removal and for all degrees of chimney cleaning to remove leftover waste, nests, or other debris. Certainly, hiring a professional is the safest way to solve a chimney air quality issue.
- Humane Animal Removal: Raccoons, Birds, Squirrels, and Bats are the most common animals that Fireplace Doctor Decatur, Alabama finds stowing away in our customers’ fireplaces and chimneys. When the animals get inside the chimney, they make nests, cause damage, get trapped, and even leave behind a treat for you to smell later. Our Technicians are professionally trained to remove these animals in the safest possible manner. We also give a standard cap installation to prevent any future encounters.
- Water Leak Services: Water Leaks are one of the most common issues with chimneys and fireplaces, especially in the state of Georgia. They can cause serious structural damage and safety hazards. If you see the signs of water damage, like mold, rust, or broken mortar, then call the Fireplace Doctor for expert water leak repair.
- Masonry Repairs: Fireplace Doctor offers many masonry repairs. We offer professional tuckpointing, crown repair, flue repair, relining, storm damage repair, and more.
- Installations: We offer professional prefabricated or masonry chimney and fireplace installation. Also, we install ash-dump doors, clean-out doors, wood stoves, and more
- Inspections: Our expert chimney and fireplace technicians practice a 21-point safety inspections which are guaranteed to locate any hazard or problems that might cause problems for you or your home.
- Creosote Removal: If you have a chimney then creosote is something you should be concerned about. It’s the number one cause of thousands of chimneys fires a year and can be harmful even if you never experience a chimney fire. It’s essential that every homeowner knows what creosote is and works with a professional chimney sweep company to prevent it from harming your chimney.
Decatur is a city in Morgan and Limestone counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. The city, nicknamed “The River City”, is located in Northern Alabama on the banks of Wheeler Lake, along the Tennessee River. It is the largest city and county seat of Morgan County. The population in 2010 was 55,683.
Alabama Veterans Museum & Archives
The Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives, located in the old L&N Freight Depot in Athens, was the brainchild of the late Limestone County, Alabama, Veterans Service Officer Kenneth David.
Cook Museum of Natural Science
The Cook Museum of Natural Science is a 501c3, a nonprofit foundation with a mission to engage, excite and educate visitors of all ages about the natural world around them. Located in Downtown, Decatur, AL, the museum will serve as an educational destination and cultural venue for various programs and meetings across North Alabama. The museum will offer multiple interactive exhibits, immersive educational experiences inside and outside of a classroom setting, STEAM programs, event space rentals, and the first Natures Table restaurant in Alabama!
Old Decatur Historic District
The Old Decatur & Albany Historic Districts of Decatur make up the largest concentration of Victorian-era craftsmen & bungalow homes in Alabama. Often referred to as “The Painted Ladies,” some date to the early 1800s, while others were constructed around the turn of the century. Both are listed in the National Register of Historical Places. Find a detailed tour map at the Visitor Center on 6th Ave.
Historic Railroad Depot
This 1905 railroad depot has undergone a $2.5M restoration. Today one-half of the depot is a police station and the other half is a train museum containing original railroad materials as well as model electric trains(HO, O, and G Scale). An HO model train layout contains scale replicas of many Decatur facilities. A true gem.
“The Fireplace Doctor did a sweep and safety inspection on my chimney. They said mine was really dirty and needed the sweep badly. I didn’t end up getting the repair they recommended because they said it could wait a year and that’s when I would need another sweep anyway. Honest friendly guys and I will choose them again next year.”