Fireplace Doctor’s Expert Chimney Sweep Services
At The Fireplace Doctor Birmingham Alabama, we know the importance of chimney and fireplace maintenance. Fireplaces and chimneys are dangerous when not properly maintained. Thus, our professional chimney sweeps give you top quality safety inspections and service to lower that risk.
Prevent Chimney Fires
- Hiring our certified local chimney sweep Birmingham team has several benefits, most importantly, safety. You can trust your local experts to clean out dangerous, flammable buildup that could likely destroy your house in a chimney fire. Additionally, each technician performs a 21-point safety inspection to ensure your complete chimney and fireplace system are free of risk.
- Even if you think your chimney is safe from water, all masonry chimneys are porous, absorbing water each day. Water leaks can greatly damage the structural integrity of your home. It can also cause draft problems because the hot air cools in the chimney and sinks back into the home. Our chimney water damage repair experts will ensure that your chimney is in great condition by providing chimney waterproofing with the highest quality sealants on the market.
- The CSIA recommends you have an Annual Chimney Inspection. These inspections will identify sooty buildup as well as ventilation issues. At Fireplace Doctor Birmingham, we can fix dangers to your home the same day we find them so your home can be safe.
- Cleaning your chimney yourself is both tedious and dangerous. Let your local chimney sweeps in Birmingham use high-grade equipment to remove hazards properly, quickly, and safely. With the use of ChimScans, advanced videoing technology, our Birmingham chimney sweeps can see the parts of your chimney that others can’t. Thus, these ChimScans allow them to better clean it out.
- Chimney Sweeping: Fireplace Doctor practices professional chimney sweeping services. We work from the bottom to the top, removing any and all soot and creosote buildup. We are mindful of your home, and take precautions to ensure your house stays just the way it was. We lay down tarps and vacuum everything as soon as it falls into the fireplace, to make sure your floors stay clean and unharmed. Trust in the Fireplace Doctor for a professional and quality chimney sweep.
- Humane Animal Removal: Raccoons, Birds, Squirrels, and Bats are the most common animals that Fireplace Doctor finds stowing away in our customers’ fireplaces and chimneys. When the animals get inside the chimney, they make nests, cause damage, get trapped, and even leave behind a treat for you to smell later. Our Technicians are professionally trained to remove these animals in the safest possible manner. We also give a standard cap installation to prevent any future encounters.
- Water Leak Services: Water Leaks are one of the most common issues with chimneys and fireplaces, especially in Birmingham. They can cause serious structural damage and safety hazards. If you see the signs of water damage, like mold, rust, or broken mortar, then call the Fireplace Doctor for expert water leak repair.
- Masonry Repairs: Fireplace Doctor of Birmingham, Alabama offers many masonry repairs. We offer professional tuckpointing, crown repair, flue repair, relining, storm damage repair, and more.
- Installations: We offer professional prefabricated or masonry chimney and fireplace installation. Also, we install ash-dump doors, clean-out doors, wood stoves, and more
- Inspections: Our expert chimney and fireplace technicians practice 21-point safety inspections which are guaranteed to locate any hazard or problems that might cause problems for you or your home.
Examples of Our Work
Rusted or Damaged Cap. If you have a masonry cap that is damaged or rusted, this could be an indicator of a worse problem. Rust could mean there is further water damage to other parts of the chimney. This could mean possible structural dmage. A broken cap could lead to a possible animal, water, or debris issue. If you notice that your cap has damage or rust, call Fireplace Doctor and schedule our expert safety inspection.
Chimney Sweep and Cleaning. Maintaining the wellbeing of your chimney is very important. If your chimney goes uncleaned for too long, it could present some serious hazards. A buildup of soot and creosote can be flammable and cause a chimney fire. mold and untouched water damage can cause structural issues. If you require expert chimney cleaning services, call on the Fireplace Doctor to keep your chimney, and your home, safe and protected.
Prefabricated Fireplace Installation. Many homeowners prefer a prefabricated chimney and fireplace system over a masonry. A prefab fireplace is usually less challenging to keep clean, as it accumulates creosote much slower. Also, it is the more aesthetic choice, as many homeowners will match the design of the chimney to the rest of there home. If you would like a prefab chimney installed, call the Fireplace Doctor.
Birmingham is a place full of interesting things to do. So, while we’re doing repairs on your chimney or fireplace, you can enjoy the day in wonderful Birmingham, Alabama.
Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Birmingham Botanical Gardens is Alabama’s largest living museum with more than 12,000 different plants in its living collections. The Gardens features the largest public horticulture library in the U.S., conservatories, a wildflower garden, two rose gardens, the Southern Living garden, and Japanese Gardens with a traditionally crafted tea house. Education programs run year-round and over 10,000 school children enjoy free science-curriculum based field trips annually. Birmingham Botanical Gardens, the most visited free attraction in Alabama, is open daily, offering free admission to more than 350,000 yearly visitors. –www.bbgardens.org
One of the state’s most popular attractions, the Birmingham Zoo, is an ever-evolving adventure. Guests come from around the Southeast to see animals such as red pandas, lions, giraffes, orangutans, rhinos, bears, elephants, sea lions, zebras, a jaguar, a hippo, and many more. From Trails of Africa to the Children’s Zoo and everything in-between, the Birmingham Zoo features animals from all over the world, with signage highlighting the Zoo’s amazing animal care, conservation initiatives, and Species Survival Plans. With approximately 700 animals of 230 species and endangered species from 6 continents, the Birmingham Zoo’s 122-acre site is the perfect place to visit any time of the year. –www.birminghamzoo.com