SWEEPS • INSTALLATION • REPAIR
Fireplace Doctor | Chimney Sweep Mobile Alabama
Local Chimney Services & Fireplace Repairs
Here at Fireplace Doctor of Mobile, Alabama we understand how important it is to maintain the integrity of your chimney and fireplace. Poorly kept fireplaces and chimneys can have very hazardous effects on the rest of the house. Therefore, our trained and professional technicians provide you with the highest quality chimney sweeps, fireplace repairs, safety inspections, and much more!
Prevent Chimney Fires
- Hiring our certified chimney sweep Mobile AL team has many benefits, the most important of which is safety. You can trust the Fireplace Doctor to rid your chimney of any potential hazards. Like creosote which is a flammable buildup that can cause a chimney fire, which could spread to other parts of your home. Our technicians will perform a 21-point safety inspection to ensure your family is safe and sound while enjoying the comfort of your fireplace.
- You might think your chimney is safe from something like water, right? Well, all masonry (brick) chimneys are porous, meaning they absorb water like a sponge. they can absorb water day after day with no apparent issues. However, they gradually cause worse and worse damage if not stopped by a chimney pro. water can cause structural damage which might cause the chimney to collapse. Water can also cause draft problems; if the water gets to the flue tiles, it can cool them off, this causes the flue to be less hot, which causes the smoke to cool as well. This makes the smoke begin to fall back down the flue, and possibly into your home. Our water leak specialists are trained to spot signs of water leaks and damage and put a stop to it immediately.
- The Chimney Sweep Institute of America states that a chimney shall be inspected every year to ensure structure and soundness. Our inspections will be able to locate any problem that might cause trouble if otherwise not treated. Here at Fireplace Doctor of Mobile, we care about you more than anything.
Breathe Fresh Air
- If all of the smoke is not leaving your chimney, it’s entering back into your house and worse, into your lungs. This can be caused by animals creating blockages as well as water damage. Animal waste is also a source of respiratory diseases. We have experience and training for humane animal removal and for all degrees of chimney cleaning to remove leftover waste, nests, or other debris. Certainly, hiring a professional is the safest way to solve a chimney air quality issue.
- Humane Animal Removal: Raccoons, Birds, Squirrels, and Bats are the most common animals that Fireplace Doctor finds stowing away in our customers’ fireplaces and chimneys. When the animals get inside the chimney, they make nests, cause damage, get trapped, and even leave behind a treat for you to smell later. Our Technicians are professionally trained to remove these animals in the safest possible manner. We also give a standard cap installation to prevent any future encounters.
- Water Leak Services: Water Leaks are one of the most common issues with chimneys and fireplaces, especially in Mobile. They can cause serious structural damage and safety hazards. If you see the signs of water damage, like mold, rust, or broken mortar, then call the Fireplace Doctor for expert water leak repair.
- Masonry Repairs: Fireplace Doctor of Mobile, Alabama offers many masonry repairs. We offer professional tuckpointing, crown repair, flue repair, relining, storm damage repair, and more.
- Installations: We offer professional prefabricated or masonry chimney and fireplace installation. Also, we install ash-dump doors, clean-out doors, wood stoves, and more
- Inspections: Our expert chimney and fireplace technicians practice 21-point safety inspections which are guaranteed to locate any hazard or problems that might cause problems for you or your home.
- Creosote Removal: If you have a chimney then creosote is something you should be concerned about. It’s the number one cause of thousands of chimneys fires a year and can be harmful even if you never experience a chimney fire. It’s essential that every homeowner knows what creosote is and works with a professional chimney sweep company to prevent it from harming your chimney.
Explore Mobile, Alabama
Mobile has a certain magic that keeps you on your toes. Where a melting pot of people, flavors, cultures, and traditions become one voice to lead all of life’s celebrations. Join the jubilee and welcome every day with an enduring passion and a little soulful hospitality, because life is the ultimate gift. This is the spirit of living.
You can call this coastal town a lot of things when you have a vibrant 300-year history with lots of stories to tell and long-standing traditions celebrated on a regular basis. Once called the Paris of the South, Mobile has long been the cultural center of the Gulf Coast and you’ll find an authentic experience like nowhere else in the southern United States.
GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico is the only museum in the world dedicated to the rich traditions, history and culture of “America’s Sea”. With a combined 90 interactive exhibits, simulators and theaters, GulfQuest is a family tourist destination and a signature attraction for Mobile, the state of Alabama and the entire Gulf Coast region.
Battleship Memorial Park
At Mobile’s Battleship Memorial Park, you don’t have to look very far to find heroes. From the Battleship USS ALABAMA to the Submarine USS DRUM and over 25 aircraft, the spirit of military pride is alive and well. Aboard the battleship you will be able to explore 12 decks. Among those, you can climb inside gun turrets, get locked in the Brig, man a 12mm gun and much more. You will be able to go below and explore inside the oldest Submarine on display, Submarine USS DRUM. In the Medal of Honor Aircraft Pavilion as well as in the park, you will be able to view many rare and historic aircraft. A few in our collection include: A-12 Blackbird Spy Plane, OS2U Kingfisher, F-86L Sabre Jet, B-52 Bomber, just to name a few. While in the pavilion, don’t forget to take a ride on the Flight Simulator and experience flight without ever leaving the ground. It’s an unforgettable experience for the entire family.
Mobile Carnival Museum
Mobile Carnival Museum documents Mobile’s long affair with the winter carnival.
Built by the French on Mobile Bay in 1702 to defend their colony, the fort was rebuilt in 1723 after a flood, serving as the area’s main defense point until 1820. By 1823, all of the fort’s buildings had been removed to make way for what is now downtown Mobile, including present-day Theater Street, Government Boulevard, Royal Street, and more. Today’s historic fort area covers about one-third of the original space, and was reconstructed using a 4/5 scale to incorporate as many of the features as possible. Opened in celebration of the nation’s bicentennial in 1976, the fort gives tourists a glimpse of life in the fort during the 18th century. The fort also offers fun, family-friendly activities like a colonial-themed photo gallery, a shooting gallery, and a photo set with colonial costumes and props. Visitors can get a copy of the free self-guided walking tour of the grounds and museum by stopping at the Trading Post.
I got refereed this company by my mother in law who got her chimney cleaned this past week. Great service and great prices!
Good company and they got me scheduled right away. During the inspection they found a few issues but nothing major. Got those repaired the same day.