SWEEPS • INSTALLATION • REPAIR
The Fireplace Doctor | Slidell, LA
At The Fireplace Doctor Slidell, we know the importance of chimney and fireplace maintenance. Fireplaces and chimneys are dangerous when not properly maintained. Thus, our professional chimney sweeps give you top-quality safety inspections and services to lower that risk.
Local Chimney Services and Fireplace Repairs
Prevent Chimney Fires
- Hiring our certified local chimney sweep Slidell team has several benefits, most importantly, safety. You can trust your local experts to clean out dangerous, flammable buildup that could likely destroy your house in a chimney fire. Additionally, each technician performs a 21-point safety inspection to ensure your complete chimney and fireplace system are free of risk.
- Even if you think your chimney is safe from water, all masonry chimneys are porous, absorbing water each day. Water leaks can greatly damage the structural integrity of your home. It can also cause draft problems because the hot air cools in the chimney and sinks back into the home. Our chimney water damage repair experts will ensure that your chimney is in great condition by providing chimney waterproofing with the highest quality sealants on the market.
- The CSIA recommends you have an Annual Chimney Inspection. These inspections will identify sooty buildup as well as ventilation issues. At Fireplace Doctor Slidell, we can fix dangers to your home the same day we find them so your home can be safe.
- Cleaning your chimney yourself is both tedious and dangerous. Let your local chimney sweeps in Slidell use high-grade equipment to remove hazards properly, quickly, and safely. With the use of ChimScans, advanced videoing technology, our Slidell chimney sweeps can see the parts of your chimney that others can’t. Thus, these ChimScans allow them to better clean it out.
Breathe Fresh Air
- If all of the smoke is not leaving your chimney, it’s entering back into your house and worse, into your lungs. This can be caused by animals creating blockages as well as water damage. Animal waste is also a source of respiratory diseases. We have experience and training for humane animal removal and for all degrees of chimney cleaning to remove leftover waste, nests, or other debris. Certainly, hiring a professional is the safest way to solve a chimney air quality issue.
Fireplace Doctor Services
- Humane Animal Removal: Raccoons, Birds, Squirrels, and Bats are the most common animals that Fireplace Doctor finds stowing away in our customers’ fireplaces and chimneys. When the animals get inside the chimney, they make nests, cause damage, get trapped, and even leave behind a treat for you to smell later. Our Technicians are professionally trained to remove these animals in the safest possible manner. We also give a standard cap installation to prevent any future encounters.
- Water Leak Services: Water Leaks are one of the most common issues with chimneys and fireplaces, especially in Slidell. They can cause serious structural damage and safety hazards. If you see the signs of water damage, like mold, rust, or broken mortar, then call the Fireplace Doctor for expert water leak repair.
- Masonry Repairs: Fireplace Doctor of Slidell, Louisiana offers many masonry repairs. We offer professional tuckpointing, crown repair, flue repair, relining, storm damage repair, and more.
- Installations: We offer professional prefabricated or masonry chimney and fireplace installation. Also, we install ash-dump doors, clean-out doors, wood stoves, and more
- Inspections: Our expert chimney and fireplace technicians practice a 21-point safety inspections which are guaranteed to locate any hazard or problems that might cause problems for you or your home.
- Creosote Removal: If you have a chimney then creosote is something you should be concerned about. It’s the number one cause of thousands of chimney fires a year and can be harmful even if you never experience a chimney fire. It’s essential that every homeowner knows what creosote is and works with a professional chimney sweep company to prevent it from harming your chimney.
Slidell is a city on the northeast shore of Lake Pontchartrain in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 27,068 at the 2010 census. Greater Slidell has a population of about 90,000. It is part of the New Orleans−Metairie−Kenner Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Olde Towne Slidell Main Street
Olde Towne is the heart and soul of Slidell. From its early beginnings in 1882 until now, Olde Towne has been the cultural center – the area that makes our community unique. Filled with local gift shops, antique stores, unique boutiques, delicious restaurants, historic homes, local art, and a lively bar scene, Olde Towne is our personality. Our identity. Friendly faces can be found strolling through the streets, eating at the cafes, shopping locally, and enjoying time with others. It’s our home, our own little slice of southern charm.
Camp Salmen Nature Park
Through federal and state funding, St. Tammany Parish Government purchased the 130-acre Camp Salmen property in 2004, for $2.25 million, to preserve the historical, cultural, biological, and archaeological legacies and to transform it into a public recreational park for all to enjoy its natural beauty.
Honey Island Swamp Tour
History buffs, aspiring zoologists, and anyone with hard-to-please children are sure to enjoy a boat tour through Honey Island Swamp. In addition to providing narration on the swamp’s legends and Cajun history, your guide also points out an array of native flora and fauna. Have your camera ready for wild hogs, herons, alligators, otters, and numerous other creatures that call the protected nature reserve home.